Psychology and Sociology I
FAST-0Z1Acad. year: 2020/2021
object of psychology, object of sociology, personality, character, temperament, abilities, creativity, socialization, verbal communication, nonverbal communication, social perception, conformity, social role and position, self-knowledge, self-regulation.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Information about possibilities of using of psychology and sociology in work process, basic psychological and sociological terminology from secondary school from subjects Foundation of social sciences or Civics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KELLER, J.: Úvod do sociologie. Brno: SLON 1999
KOHOUTEK, R.: Základy psychologie osobnosti. Brno: CERM 2000
KOHOUTEK, R., ŠTĚPANÍK, J.: Základy psychologie pro techniky. Brno: VUT FAST (skriptum) 1994
KOHOUTEK, R.: Základy sociální psychologie. Brno: CERM 1998
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to knowledge of humanities. Importance for theory and engineering praxis.
2. Psychology and its place in personal life. Psychological words. Memory, speach and thinking.
3. Methods of psychological research. Dialog, questionnaire, anamnesis. Education and self-education. Forming of a personality in the life-environment.
4. A personality, general questions and structure. Temperament and character. Types of personalities. Inteligention and intelect.
5. Development and forming of a personality. Development periods of a personality according of age. Biological and sociological determination of a personality.
6. Studying, its importance and types. General mechanisms of studying. Problems with studying in praxis and in life. Curve of studying. Studying styles.
7. Stress and methods of its managing. Psychical hygiene. Adaptual mechanisms.
8. Basic paradigms of sociological thinking. Sociological terminology.
Society, organization, groups, culture, social status.
9. Basic sociological theories. The theory of consensus and the theory of conflict. Application to society and future job.
10. Social structure, social control, body socialization. Communication. Problem of living in society.
11. Choice of job as a sociologal problem in life. Exploitation and interpretation of social situations in professional and personal life of human being. Classic, modern and mass society. Globalization and generalization of market. Economic aspects.
12. Social ecology and engineering. Sociobiology. Human environmental studies. Ecology, sociology and personality.
13. Sociology of healthness and disease. Quality of life and its manage. Person and illness. Managing of stress.
Increasing of knowledge from area of general psychology and sociology, application of the theory of a personality, development psychology, the theory of communication, social psychology and others special social scineces to area of technical and enginnering praxis, especially with view to absolvent´s future work position in firms´ direction.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer