Reliability in production
FP-BsvPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course deals with the issue of reliability, the basic concepts, the use of statistics in reliability calculations of reliability indicators. In addition, students learn the reliability models, backup systems and methods of reliability analysis. Another part of the course is devoted to the operating model and stress, degradation mechanisms in materials, elements and systems.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- define the basic concepts of reliability,
- describe methods of reliability analysis systems,
- explain the methods of reliability,
- explain the issue of risk in production,
- calculate selected indicators of system reliability.
The subject knowledge on the Bachelor´s degree level is requested.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
POLSTEROVÁ, H.: Základy spolehlivosti elektrotechnických výrob, elektronická skripta, Brno 2013
MONTGOMERY, D. C.. Introducion to Statistical Quality Control. John Wiley, New York, 1996
BEDNAŘÍK, Josef. Technika spolehlivosti v elektronické praxi. Praha: Státní nakladatelství technické literatury, 1990. ISBN 80-03-00422-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures, computer laboratories . Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
upto 20 points from seminars (student will receive these points by the individual work in the field of reliability and its presentation).
upto 80 pointsfrom written examination.
The test focuses into the issues of reliability discussed in lectures and seminars.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the study of reliability. Basic conceps of reliability.
2. Mathematical statistics. Random variable, utilization of random variable distribution in reliability. Exponential distribution.
3. Quantile. Spot and interval estimation of parameters of the basic set. Chi-quadrat and Student's distribution.
4. Expentable and repairableobjects. Reliability characteristics of expentable objects.
5. Serial and parallel reliability models. Combined models.
6. Základy zálohování systémů. Formy a funkce zálohy. Statická záloha. Dynamická záloha.
7. Methods of reliability analysis. Inductive and deductive methods.
8. Reliability of complex systems. Block schemes, tree failures, Markov models.
9. Methods of reliability management.
10. Degradation factors affecting electrical equipment. Relation of operating, partial and model stresses.
11. Degradation mechanisms in materials, element and systems.
12. Diagnostics methods.
13. Tests of reliability elements.
The aim of the subject is to make students familiar with the problems of reliability of electrotechnical products and introduction of the system of quality into electrotechnical production.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BAK-PM Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory