FP-EpmPAcad. year: 2020/2021
Students will learn principles and methods that are used in management of the projects and they will gain knowledge of managing projects in Business.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Managing the project, leading projects team, stakeholder management and soft skills needed for projects.
Management, communication, soft skills
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BERKUN, S. (2008), Making Things Happen: Mastering Project Management. 1. edition. Published by O’Reilly Media. ISBN 978-0596517717 (EN)
LESTER, A. (2014), Project Management, Planning and Control: Managing Engineering, Construction and Manufacturing Projects to PMI, APM and BSI Standards. Killington, Oxford, UK: Elsevier Ltd. ISBN 978-0-08-098324-0. (EN)
HERMARIJ, J. (2010), Better Practices of Project Management Based on IPMA-C and IPMA-D. 2.edition. Published by van Haren Publishing. ISBN 978-9087536473 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures and team work.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Written exam that will focuse on knowledge gained in lectures and by studiing given materials.
Language of instruction
Předmět je zaměřen na řízení projektů, vychází z mezinárodní metodiky IPMA (International Project management Associtation) a využívá současné trendy v projektovém řízení. Cílem předmětu je seznámit studenty s metodikou IPMA, se současnými trendy v projektovém řízení a naučit studenty řídit projekty.
Topics lectures are as follows:
1. Introduction to Project Management (definition of project management, successful project management, benefits of project management).
2. International standards and methodologies of project management (IPMA, PMI, PRINCE2) and their comparison.
3.Definition of basic term from project management (project, definition based on five attributesof te project, the difference between the project and routine).
4.The elements of the project strategy, life cycle of the projects (pre-project, project and post-project stages).
5. Specification of project objectives, feasibility and opportunity studies.
6. Criteria for project success (soft and hard project criteria), stakeholders (primary and secondary stakeholders, stakeholder management).
7.The logical framework (principles, benefits, project definition, objectives, controllable outputs, key activities, objectively verifiable indicators, method of verification and assumptions).
8. Project Manager (abilities, skills, competencies and responsibilities in the project).
9.Teamwork in the project (basic characteristics of the project team, the team project roles in life stages of the project team).
10. Project stahe (project initiation, project planning, implementation and completion of the project).
11. Planning in the project (WBS method, time analysis, resource analysis and budgeting).
12. Risk Management Project (definition of risk, quantitative risk analysis, probabilistic risk assessment, method RIPRAN)
13.After project stage (project evaluation, evaluation of the benefits of the project).
Students will gain knowledge about managing project in Business.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Student attendance will be checked on lectures.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MGR-EBF Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory