FP-infPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course focuses on the following topics: user competence in Windows operating systém, application software for personal computers (within Windows, work with MS Word text editor, MS Excel chart processor, tools for creating presentations in MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, fundamentals of MS Access databases).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be made familiar with new trends in IT development in the area of PC architecture. They will acquire skills necessary for using MS Windows operating system and MS Office application instrument. These skills and experience may be used by them as an tool for elaborating projects and tasks in other courses.
1. Basic competence in PC (theoretical and practical)
2. Basic competence in MS Windows operating system.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BARILLA, Jiří, Květuše Sýkorová a Pavel Simr. Microsoft Excel 2016 :podrobná uživatelská příručka. Brno: Computer Press, 2016. 1. vyd. 456 s. ISBN 978-80-251-4838-9. (CS)
Pecinovský Josef a Rudolf Pecinovský. Office 2016 Průvodce uživatele. Praha: Grada, 2016. 1. vyd. 256 s. ISBN 978-80-247-5691-2. (CS)
PECINOVSKÝ, Josef. Microsoft Word 2013: podrobná uživatelská příručka. Brno: Computer Press, 2013. 367 s. ISBN 978-80-251-3831-1. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The lessons consist of two-hour lecture and two-hour practical seminar. The lecture combines theory with illustrative examples. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Conditions for awarding the course-unit credit:
1. Delivery of semester project marked at least with "E".
2. Completion of a written test in the course of semestr marked at least with "E".
Form of examination: Combined, composed of two parts:
1. Written part – case study from the field of fundamentals of databases
2. Practical part – solution of a task on PC regarding the practical knowledge of acquired topics.
Language of instruction
1.Introduction to Computer Science, conversions of units, ASCII and UNICODE.
2. Numerical systems, transmissions.
3. MS Outlook - an example of working with e-mail.
4. MS PowerPoint - basic concepts, creation of presentations, demonstration of animation and transition possibilities.
5. MS Word - basic concepts, text formatting using styles, working with content.
6. MS Word - pictures, spreadsheets, charts, work with sections, links.
7. MS Word - Mailings
8. MS Excel - basic concepts, formatting, sorting of data.
9. MS Excel - filtering, functions and formulas.
10. MS Excel - preparation of data for charts, creating charts, graphical solution of tasks.
11. MS Excel - Pivot Table and Chart.
12. Fundamentals of Data Modelling - Introduction to the Problem.
13. Fundamentals of Data Modelling - relational data model.
The main objective of the course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary for solution of tasks in the field of computer technology focused on software: operating systems (MS Windows), application software (MS Office). The course is also focused on fundamentals of data modeling.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Control of results of independent work on specified tasks. In case of absence from seminars, teacher can set elaboration of additional task.
Classification of course in study plans