CISCO Academy 4 - CCNP
FEKT-XCA4Acad. year: 2020/2021
The course introduces students to the configuration switches on the L2 and L3, creating VLANs, includes configuring STP and RSTP, deals with backup devices and network resources. Part of the courses is to configure the switch for PoE power transmission, wireless VLANs. Subject contains techniques for Security Scheme switches.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students have skills to:
- Configure L2 and L3 switches,
- Create VLANs,
- Properly apply STP and RSTP,
- Create redundant backup network using HSRP and GLBP,
- Power over Ethernet switches supporting PoE configuration,
- Design and configure wireless VLANs,
- Implement a switch port security against known attacks,
Course knowledge requirements of the certification exam Cisco 642-812 BCMSN.
Necessary prerequisite for registration is passing the course routing in large networks (CCNP1).
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Stewart B., Hucaby D., Morgan B., Lovering N., Ranjbar A., CCNP Official Exam Certification Library, Cisco Press; 5th edition (EN)
Veškeré studijní texty naleznete v Elearningu (www.vutbr.cz/elearning/ popřípadě www.netacad.com) (CS)
SIDHU INDER, Cisco umí obojí, Computer Press, 2011 (CS)
Hegenbart Jakub, Voráček Karel , Cisco VoIP Autorizovaný výukový průvodce, 2009 (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures, computer laboratories and practical laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Conditions for successful completion of the course provides annually updated guarantor ordinance.
Language of instruction
1) Introduction. Design of IP networks.
2) Configuring L3 switches, VLANs, trunks, link aggregation.
3) STP, RSTP, and MST variants PVSTP+.
4) Advanced Configuration STP.
5) Routing between VLANs and multilayer switching, CEF.
6) Independent work No. 1
7) Redundant connections using HSRP and GLBP.
8) Wireless networks. Configuring the WLAN Controller.
9) Voice transmission in networks. IP telephony traffic classification.
10) Security switches.
11) Independent work # 2
12) Even (measurement exercises and module tests.
14) The final theoretical test.
The aim of the course is to teach students Networking with multilayer switching. Students learn techniques such as VLANs, implementations STP and RSTP, HSRP backup sources, GLBP, transmission of power over Ethernet (PoE) for IP telephony, wireless VLANs overall security switches.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation of the guarantor's regulation updated for every subject.
Classification of course in study plans