Foreign Language 2 (Spanish)
FEKT-HSP2Acad. year: 2020/2021
This course is a follow-up course to HSP1. HSP2 develops communicative abilities, presents new language structures and develops language skills acquired in the previous course: the use of new Spanish vocabulary and grammar structures in communication, listening comprehension with use of more advanced audio- and video-courses and reading comprehension with use of dictionaries. Students will be lent original Spanish textbooks .
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student will improve langage skills and get more knowledge of Spanish grammar. The student will be able to use vocabulary at a lower-intermediate level.. The student will be able to understand simple statements in present, past and future and communicate Spanish in everyday life.
The student will be able to understand simple written texts with use of dictionary.
The completed HSP1 course for beginners or equivalent knowledge is requested.
- recommended prerequisite
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Králová + kol.:Fiesta1, Fraus
videokursy Apartamento para dos, Este país
kolektiv: Ven 1, Edelsa
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods combine active participation in classes (conversation, role play, practising grammar and vocabulary,use of audiovisual means, and regular testing of previous knowledge) with homework - self-study.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
For successful completion of the course, active participation at classes is required. Students are also required to do assignments given by the teacher.
1) The semestre test forms 40% of the course evaluation and checks the students´ work during the semestre.(40 points max. and 20 points min.)
2)The final examination forms 60% of the total course evaluation (60 points max. and 30 points min.):
- reading with tasks - evaluates and asseses the abilities to work with a written text, abilities to analyze, synthetize, paraphrase, organize and reproduce information from the text
- listening with tasks - evaluates and asseses the abilities to understand spoken Spanish, abilities to analyze, synthetize, paraphrase, organize and reproduce information from the listening
Language of instruction
1.introduction, revision of HSP1, hay
2.demonstrative pronouns,present perfect
3.imperative I,months, more irregular verbs. months, personal pronouns I
4.quantifiers, more numerals, object
5. imperative II, infinitive structures, more pronouns.
6. weights and measures, more numerals, indefinite pronouns
7.future,adverbs of manner
8. comparison, superlative
9. personal pronouns, conditiona
10. more irregular verbs, every, all
11.past simple, two negatives in Spanish sentences
To develop language skills acquired in HSP1.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.