Introduction to Industry 4.0 Initiative
FEKT-BKC-UIPAcad. year: 2020/2021
Understanding Initiates Industry 4.0, Orientation in basic tools of industry 4.0. Acquiring teamwork with advanced tools for EPD and PDM. Obtaining knowledge about logistics, production design, environmental and economic aspects. ISO standard 14 000 and related standards, design of work environment. The practical part of the course is in the PDM Works environment on a model database with simulated operations.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- Describe the basic idea of Industry 4.0
- Orientation in tools used in the application of 4 industrial evolution in practice (IoT, 3D printing, etc.)
- Be fully involved in the work of the project team using EPD in practice
- Optimize or possibly design the production logistics of the company
- Design innovations and new production solutions
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Ministerstvo průmyslu a obchodu: Iniciativa průmysl 4.0 (CS)
Maxa, J., Vyroubal P.: Řízení a správa dat (CS)
Sule, D., R.:Manufacturing Facilities, PWS Boston (CS)
Kališ J., Říha M., MS Office Projekt, CPress (CS)
Cedarleaf, J.:Plant Layout and Flow Improvement,Bluecreek, P.C. Washington (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning system. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
20b. computer exercises
60b. final examination
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to 4 industrial (r)evolution, basic terms and aspects.
2. Industry tools 4.0 (IoT, 3D printing, etc.), cyber security.
3. Production environment simulation, process simulation, CAM.
4. Subtractive, additive and hybrid production technology.
5. 3D printing and 3D scanning practically 1.
6. 3D printing and 3D scanning practically 2.
7. The role and importance of logistics, development of logistics, logistics activities (functions) and goals of logistics, division and structure of a company, logistics costs in a company.
8. The role and importance of inventories in the enterprise, importance of inventories in the enterprise, inventory classification, inventory costs in the enterprise.
9. Purchasing management - realization of public procurement, introduction to the issue of purchases, legislation on public procurement, procedure for solving public procurement.
10. Storage system in a company, place and role of storage in the logistics chain, functions and types of warehouses.
11. Handling of assets in a company, handling system in a company, used means of transport, modern system of goods (property) protection.
12. Application of Industry 4.0 to logistics processes, logistics information system, importance and modes of transport, logistics in Industry 4.0.
The aim of the course is to acquaint students with the basic ideas and principles of Industry 4.0 and modern tools for team cooperation on a project (PDM). Furthermore, with a more detailed analysis of logistics and related tools such as storage and handling. Knowledge of the acquired information will enable students to participate in computer designing in various branches of the electrical industry.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BKC-MET Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional