FEKT-BPC-MASAcad. year: 2020/2021
Equations, inequalities, vectors, elementary functions, derivatives, integrals, sequences, series.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- transform and simplify expressions;
- solve basic equations and inequalities;
- find the domain and the range of a function;
- differentiate and inegrate using basic formulas.
Students should have at least superficial knowledge of work with expressions and elementary functions within the scope of standard secondary school requirements.
- compulsory co-requisite
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Kolářová: Matematický seminář (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods are specified in Article 7 of Study and Examination Regulations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
For the course-unit credit it is necessary to obtain at least a 50% score from two control tests during the semester.
Language of instruction
1. Basic mathematical concepts.
2. Vector algebra and analytical geometry.
3. Systems of equations.
4. Conversions of algebraic expressions and equations.
5. Solving inequalities.
6. Elementary functions.
9. Sequences and series.
The goal of the course is to supplement secondary school knowledge of mathematics necessary for further studies.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classes are compulsory.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-IBE Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional