FEKT-MKC-PRRAcad. year: 2020/2021
Project Management - Basic concepts and starting points. Project Phases - Pre-project, Beginning, Planning, Implementation, Termination. Environment of the company. Standards in project management. Project management using MS Project tools.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Upon completion of the course students will be able to:
- orientate in the professional environment of project management,
- apply the technical and behavioral competencies of project management,
- manage participation in projects in an international environment,
- have practical experience in working with the project team, and its management.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
HAČKAJLOVÁ, L., PROSTĚJOVSKÁ, Z., TOMÁNKOVÁ, J. Projektový management. Praha: VŠEM, 2015. (CS)
KUBÁLEK, T., KUBÁLKOVÁ, M. Řízení projektů v Microsoft Office Project – Učebnice pro vysoké školy. 3. vyd. Brno: Computer Press, 2007. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include an explanation of the problem with simultaneous practice on examples and in computer programs. The course uses e-learning (Moodle). Student submits separate projects.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Podmínky pro úspěšné ukončení předmětu mohou být každoročně aktualizovány vyhláškou garanta předmětu.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to project management
2. Pre-project phase - study of opportunities
3. Pre-project phase - sleep analysis, swot analysis
4. Project strength specification
5. Evaluating the feasibility and benefits of the project
6. Logical framework
7. Methods of group work
8. MS project - New project
9. MS Project - Task Schedule
10. MS Project - Resource Planning
11. Project Management and Monitoring in MS Project
12. Outputs from Ms Project
13. Post-project phase
The aim of the course is to teach students how to use current methods of project management for the design and project management in project teams. On the practical level, graduates will be able to participate in the preparation and implementation of concrete projects in the company. They will acquire the basic skills and knowledge to work with the project management tool MS Project.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MKC-EVM Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory