FAST-BTA014Acad. year: 2019/2020
Learning outcomes of the course unit The course focuses on building heating systems and design of hot-water heating systems in buildings, aiming at reading boiler and engine room drawings, designing and dimensioning heating systems and sources up to 500 kW including hot water preparation and drawing up project documentation of the heating system.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student get base of heating systems in building. After graduation studnet will be able to do standard designs of heating systems having in mind layout and construction of buildings. Student will be able to use this knowledge for complex design of buildings.
Knowledge of basic physical quantities, basic knowledge of thermal technical properties of building structures, basic knowledge of building physics and thermomechanics
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Hygrothermal indoor climate and conditions for thermal comfort. Heat transportation theory. Concept of ventilation and heating buildings.
2. Method for calculation of the design heat load.
3. Heating systems and their parts. Divisions and principals of technical solution of heating systems.
4. Heating surfaces. Convective radiators. Floor heating und wall heating.
5. Basic kinds of fuels and energy. Energy sources. Solid fuel boiler rooms.
6. Gas boiler rooms. Chimneys and smoke - flues.
7. Central preparation of hot domestic water. Elements in boiler rooms and engine rooms.
8. Safety devices for heating systems.
9. Hydraulics and sizing of central heating systems, regulation fittings and circulation pumps.
10. Centralized distribution of heat, house station.
11. Direct electric heating and accumulation heating.
12. Heating systems method regulation in buildings.
13. The use of renewable and alternative energy sources and their impact on the classification of buildings.
Basics of heating. Building thermo microclimate creation. Heat transfer by heating systems.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-EVB Bachelor's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory