Advanced Application of Polymeric Materials
FCH-MCT_PAPMAcad. year: 2020/2021
The course is focused to applicatipn of high-tech polymers.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of modern application trends of high-tech polymeric materials.
Knowledge of macromolecular chemistry and polymers.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Chanda M., Roy K.S., Plastic Technology Handbook, CRC 2006 (EN)
Brydson J.A., Plastics Materials, Elsevier 1999 (EN)
Trends and Applications in Advanced Polymeric Materials, John Wiley & Sons, 2017 (CS)
Advanced Polymeric Materials for Sustainability and Innovations, Apple Academic Press Inc. 2018 (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
lecture, news, discussion
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Project of actual polymeric advanced application, evaluation of applications, examination.
Language of instruction
1. Polymers in adhesives.
2. High temperature polymers, burning retarders.
3. Liquid crastal polymers.
4. Electroactive polymers, polymeric electrolytes, isolators.
5. Polymers in photoresists.
6. Polymeric nanokomposits.
7. Thermoplastic elastomers.
8. Crosslinked polymers and croslinking ways.
9. Synthetic polymeric membranes.
10. Methods of microencapsulation.
11. Water soluble polymers, hydrogels and smart polymers.
12. Degradable polymers. Ionomery.
13. Memory polymers. Self healing.
The aim of lectures is more detailed description of structure, properties and application of advanced polymeric materials.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Presence on hours is assumtion to succes.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme NKCP_CHM Master's
branch NKCO_CHM , 1. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme NPCP_CHM Master's
branch NPCO_CHM , 1. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme CKCP_CZV lifelong learning
branch CKCO_CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory-optional