Environment and Energy Buildings
FA-PESAcad. year: 2020/2021
Subject is connected with the topic of building environment and properties of building structures - thermal control and energy, acoustics and lighting. Impact is set upon energy efficiency and its evaluation regarding present legislative and relation of energy efficiency discipline to building-physical one. Energy Law and its taking into consideration in the design of new buildings and reconstructions. Duties of an author of a project documentation from the point of view of guarantee of internal microclimate in buildings.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Ability to optimise the design of structures regarding their user and architectural requirements. Respecting current trends and requirements on energy efficiency.
Basic notions of building construction, technical services and building physics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Vaverka a kol."Stavební tepelná technka a energetika budov"VUTIUM 2006 (CS)
Učební texty lektora
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Examination: written examination; one regular term and two resit terms - point assessment,
min./max = 50/100 points.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction, legislative survey, concepts and trends in energy and environment assesment of buildings
2. Survey of building-physical requirements upon buildings regarding the formation of desired quality of internal microclimate – thermal control of buildings
3. Survey of building-physical requirements upon buildings regarding the formation of desired quality of internal microclimate – acoustics, daylighting and insolation
4. Mutual relations of building-physical requirements on the design of structures and buildings
5. Special cases of physical phenomena – examples of real project solutions
6. Accumulation of heat – light structures
7. Accumulation of heat – intermediate and massive structures
8. Energy efficiency of buildings regarding general technical requirements on construction – energy certificate of buildings in CR and other countries
9. Energy Law, energy assesment audit and its use in donation projects, survey of current programs
10. Concept of low-energy house, pasive house and „zero“-house; legislative and requirements
11. Alternative sources of energy and their influnce on the total energy balance of buildings
12. Economical effectivity of energy-saving solutions and structural technologies
13. Reasonably managed processes and their relations to the total energy balance of buildings
Completion and extension of knowledge in field of internal microclimate and economical efficiency of building design regarding quarantee of required comfort of the habitants.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Lessons are held in the semester cycle of lectures only, the presence at lectures is voluntary.
The form provides for the replacement of Study and Examination Regulations and Dean BUT BUT FA.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer