Introduction to Bachelor Thesis - ŽP
FCH-BC_UBP_ŽPAcad. year: 2020/2021
The main aim is to teach students the rules of writing of scitific works (using as an example the Bc. work), standards of data acqusition and statistical processing of data, literature research, suggesting of hypotheses and conclusions.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
After completing the course students will understand the basic rules and procedures for processing scientific texts, work with databases and the use of citations. Furthermore, they will be able to choose a relevant method for collecting, analyzing and presenting experimental data.
Basic knowledge from the informatics.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
individuálně dle tématu (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course uses teaching methods in form of seminars - 2 teaching hours per week. The e-learning system (LMS Moodle) is available to teachers and students.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Classification is based on the students project.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the thesis: instructions and guidelines for the preparation of the thesis and the final exam, structure of scientific text and its components,
2. Rules for processing theses at FCH BUT, standards and rules for processing of the technical work, typographic rules, rules for preparation of charts, tables, images, attachments, appendices etc.,
3. Information resources and databases, rules for citations, laws and ethics,
4-5. Basics of experimental data processing - Introduction: Tools, Options, and methods of data processing, data collection, data processing.
6. to 13. individual topics
The rules of writting of Bc. thesis.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
2 hours of seminars per week and semestral project.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPCP_AAEFCH Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme BKCP_CHCHT Bachelor's
branch BKCO_CHTOZP , 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPCP_CHCHT Bachelor's
branch BPCO_CHTOZP , 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme BKCP_CHTOZP Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPCP_CHTOZP Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory