Fundamentals of Law
ICV-PRMAcad. year: 2019/2020
Human society cannot exit without rules regulating various decisive aspects of human existence. Legal conscience based on knowledge of law and basic legal norms related to human activities, their far-reaching impacts and consequences are essentials for minimization of potential conflicts.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic survey on civil legal norms, ability to get orientated in norms.
No prerequisity knowledge is called for.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Participation on lectues, minimum 80%, and activity on discussion.
Language of instruction
- Introduction into law science, branches of law, basic terms.
- Constitution of the Czech Republic, state symbols.
- Contents, form and subject of the law, law creation and legislative process.
- Civil law and Civil Procedure Code.
- Commercial law.
- Labor law.
- Civil-law obligations and agreements, examples of agreements and plaints.
- Copyright Act and mental labour preservation.
- Public law.
Acquisition of rudiments of law, knowledge of relationship between law and ethos, knowledge of basic legal norms, and their application to business and other economic activities.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
There are no checked study.