Ponds and purpose reservoirs
FAST-BS053Acad. year: 2019/2020
Introduction, definitions, history of the pond construction in CR
Categorization and function, research, selection of locality for small water reservoir
Water management of small water reservoirs, water losses, physical, chemical and biological processes
Pond dams, outlets, extractions, safety spillways, pond bottom, littoral zone, reservoir surrounding
Fish breeding ponds, water supply, industrial and irrigation reservoirs,
Polders, Erosion control reservoirs, rain water reservoirs, etc.
Operation and service regulations, mud removal, reservoirs restoration
Reconstruction and updating of small water reservoirs, faults of the pond dams, mistakes in ponds designing,
course of construction.
Institute of Landscape Water Management (VHK)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student gains overview of ponds and small water reservoirs, knowledge of directives, ability of designing ponds, knowledge of construction principles in the process of designing.
Knowledge of hydraulics and water management solution of reservoirs including transformation function.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the topic, history and purpose of ponds and small reservoirs, ecological and economical benefits
2. Location of the reservior, design fundamentals, rules and specifications,
3. Water management solution of small water reservoirs
4. Layout and technical solution of small water reservoirs
5. Dams - types, construction principles
6. Outflow facilities - design, types, construction principles
7. Safety spillways - design, types, construction principles
8. Withdrawal structures, special objects
9. Regulation of river channel under the reservoir, bottom arrangement and finishing of reservoir surrounding
10. Errors in dams and objects design, defects and failures
11. Fundaments for design, valid regulations, surveys
12. Operation and service regulations of small water reservoirs
13. Reconstruction of small water reservoirs, mud removal, faults of the pond dams, course of construction.
Overview of ponds and small water reservoirs subject, knowledge of directives, the ability of designing ponds, knowledge of construction principles in the process of designing.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans