FAST-MU002Acad. year: 2019/2020
Basic procedures for large data sets processing with using of automated functions, macros and scripting tools in MS Excel. Application of these tools to solve simple problems from the general topics of civil engineering. Course is the extension of the basic course Informatics.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The ability of automatic data processing, applying makeup and scripting engineering calculations in MS Excel.
Basic knowledge of MS Excel, English pre-intermediate.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. The environment for developing VBA applications - more than the editor.
2. Basic data types. How to work with them. Variable vs. Excel cell.
3. How affect the processing of orders. Solution conditions and repeated execution of orders.
4. Since scalar variables to fields. Indices, vectors, matrices.
5. What is a macro? Generator of macros in MS Office.
6. Build custom formulas or custom functions.
7. Visual design of the user interface.
8. Proposal forms and event handling.
9. Why were created classes and objects. Definition of simple classes and objects in VBA.
10. How to work with MS Office documents.
11. What is the object model.
12. Example solving optimization problems.
13. Example solving mechanical problems.
To get general orientation in information technologies and possibilities of their use at firm’s management. To learn basic tools of system analysis. To acquire skills and ability to model reality during formation of information system.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.