FAST-MV002Acad. year: 2019/2020
This course is specialized on basic conceptions of leadership and Management in city engineering.
It deals with identification of principles managing methods.
The communication, decision making, control processes and effective managerial habits are defined.
The course respect sequencing and creating synergy in teamwork the same as the current questions in management and fellow-worker leading in construction companies.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Before going on this course student must manage basic knowledge of economics and must be oriented in construction company management. The important ability is to understand, speak and write by given language.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Function and importance in management work in city engineering
2. Efficiency, principle of growth and change, effectivity, paradigm
3. Effective habits of leaders
4. Positive activity, importance of self- awareness, range of influence and sphere of action, decision making and freedom of choice
5. Leading and management, principles of personal leadership, directivity centre, remittent, identification and confirming of individual roles and aims
6. Leading, planning, organisation and time management, priorities, delegation of authorities and responsibility
7. Human resources, creating and transformation of relationships, creating teams
8. Increasing of organisation effectiveness through fellow workers, paradigms of mutual dependence
9. Principles of mutual advantage, interpersonal leadership, types of interpersonal interaction, dimension of win-win behaviour, supportive systems and processes
10. Fundamentals of effective communication, empathetic listening, sensation and understanding, principles of efficient presentation
11. Synergy as a principle of creative cooperation, appreciation of diversity, brainstorming, analysis of force field
12. Basic dimension of leader personal development, equilibrium in force renewal, continuity of learning
13. Today actual questions of management and leadership
Obtaining knowledge about basic principles and relations in management and basic managerial habits.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.