Urban Planning Legislation and Building Law
FAST-MZ001Acad. year: 2019/2020
Increasing the knowledge gained on the rules of administrative procedures and the Building Act. Public adminstration performance, administrative procedure, town and country planning, the building code, legal regulations related to the Building Act, general requirements for the utilization of the area, building documentation, technical requirements for structures, requirements ensuring barrierless use of the structure, environmental impact assessment, specified construction activities, authorization for their performance.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic knowledge of the Building Act and the rules of administrative procedure.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to the topic, interrelation of legal regulations in town and country planning and the building code.
2. Powers of the administrative authorities in town and country planning, state administration, self-administration.
3. Town and country planning, sustainable development, environmental impact assessment of concepts.
4. Town and country planning concept instruments, non-statutory planning materials, spatial development policy.
5. Creating the planning documentation, general requirements for area delimitation, general nature measures.
6. Planning related decisions, public law contract replacing the planning permission.
7. Requirements for the delimitation and use of grounds, requirements for siting structures.
8. Environmental impact assessment of projects.
9. A system of building offices, building permission related processes, special powers of the building office.
10. Building permit, public law contract replacing the building permit.
11. Building documentation, specified construction activities, authorization for their performance.
13. The legislation in technical requirements for structures, the legislation in general technical requirments for ensuring barrierless use of the structure.
Introduction to fundamental principles of spatial planning, system of landscape planning, processing and approval of planning documentation, introduction to urban economics, creation of preconditions for tenure of authorized civil engineer profession.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.