FAST-MG001Acad. year: 2019/2020
Introduction to the disciplines of town and regional planning, basic information on the functional and spatial arrangement of town planning structures, the urbanistic typology of the functional systems of settlement units, urban development conditions.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The subject does not connect with any previous disciplines; it partly applies the knowledge acquired in the subjects of typology and the applied ecology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Town and regional planning; social economic and environmental frame
2. Settlement units, urbanization
3. Spatial arrangement of the urban structure
4. Functional arrangement of the urban structure
5. Urban functional systems – housing and residential estates
6. Urban functional systems – production and storage
7. Commercial and non-commercial facilities
8. Urban functional systems – recreation and greenery
9. Urban functional systems – traffic skeleton, transport facilities, technical infrastructure
10. Public areas and urban interior
11. Rural settlement and landscape
12. Urbane development – demographic, social and cultural conditions
13. Urbane development – natural, technical and economic conditions
Knowledge of the elementary urbanistic typology, urbanistic structure, urban functional systems, public areas, urban detail, rural settlement and landscape.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.