Public Structural Investments 1
FAST-BV012Acad. year: 2019/2020
This subject deals with problem of efficiency of public structural projects. The main focus of the course is the methodical suggestion of elaboration of the Feasibility study, Cost Benefit Analysis and more documents (SWOT analysis, Log frame). Problems of financial national and international resources (especially structural funds EU). Public contracts, the award procedures and the selection of optimal tender. Public Private Partnership.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge about creation of feasibility study and eCBA public structure project.
Knowledge of business plan processing in private sector.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Public and private sector (Pareto’s optimum, efficiency)
2. Pricing of public and private goods, externalities
3. Cost output methods for evaluation of economic efficiency public projects
4. Regional policy, principles and instruments
5. Financial resources for the public investment (national, international)
6. SWOT analyses, Log frame
7. Feasibility Study of public structural projects
8. Cost Benefit Analysis of public structural projects
9. Calculation of economic efficiency ratios (NPV, IRR, FRR, ERR, B/C)
10. Project cost according to grant sources
11. Public contracts (terms, award procedures) – Act No 134/2016 Coll., on Public Procurement
12. Evaluation of public tender (the economic advantage of a tender or the lowest tender price)
13. Public Private Partnership
Goal of this subject is to give enough information for independent work on feasibility study for project financed by public sources.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.