Experimental Methods in Building Services
FAST-CT011Acad. year: 2019/2020
Theoretical fundamentals of quantities measurement within building services specialization. Measuring instruments and dataloggers. Measurement methods and sensors selection. Processing and evaluation of measuring dates. Practical utilization of measurement results for preparation, realization and operation of buildings.
Department of building services instrumentation. Preparation and realization of experimental measurements within laboratory of building services. Practical measurement of basic quantities that are typical for fluid flow and heat transfer within building services systems. Verification of hydraulic and thermal behaviour of picked equipment. Monitoring and evaluation of building microclimate.
Institute of Building Services (TZB)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of theory and function principles of systems within building services specialization, knowledge of fundamental calculations in this area. Knowledge of thermomechanic and hydraulic.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Measuring equipment, principles of implementation of the experiment, the accuracy of measurement, processing of data.
2. Monitoring of hydraulic behaviour of internal water system, water hammer, hydraulic characteristic of outlet accessories of sanitary draw-of taps.
3. Flow rate measuring, determination of pump head-capacity curve, determination of system curve.
4. Monitoring of thermal behaviour of internal water system, heating and cool down of hot water storage tank.
5. Illumination measuring. The artificial lighting. The efficiency light sources.
6. The cooling circuit, pressures of refrigerant, cooling capacity.
7. Settings and functions of the controller.
8. Fan curve and pressure conditions in air ducts.
9. Acoustic microclimate and source of noise.
10. Smoke test of flow pattern using distributive elements models.
11. Structural design of radiators.
12. Wall heating, assessment of heat flow rate and surface coefficient of heat transfer, heat exchanger.
13. Heating systems valves curves, determination of plate exchange output.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans