FAST-CV016Acad. year: 2019/2020
In the subject students familiarize the history and present of project management. Attention is payed to projects connected with construction. Life cycle of project is divided into particular phases that are ensured from the organizational aspects and their run is planned. There are explained techniques of planning with orientation on network analysis for time, resource, cost and financial planning. Part of education is also the area of risk management in construction.
Institute of Structural Economics and Management (EKR)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge and skills from the area of project management and assumption of specific methods in preparation and realization of buildings.
Common knowledge of construction production in the Czech Republic, legislative processes connected with construction, documentation of construction projects, technology of construction production and basics of network analysis, basic knowledge in the area of financing, prices and management in civil engineering.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to project management – historic evolution, current conception, suitable use, subject and content, fundamental terms
2. Project connected with construction, construction as subject of construction project, participants of construction process, construction code
3. Pre-investment phase of project, initiation, goals setting, feasibility study, logical frame method
4. Evaluation of project proposal, planning, structuring of construction project, structuring of construction object.
5. Work organization of project, construction project participants, kinds of project management, personnel provision
6. System of construction project planning, historic development, types, actualizations and levels of project plans, techniques of project planning, terminal planning
7. Network analysis, CPM, PERT method, Gantt chart, planning of sources, planning of sources outputs, sources histogram, cost planning, financial planning
8. Financing of project, proposal prices of project works, relations between participants of project
9. Function of statistics, basic terms, statistical classification and registers, inflation, price statistics
10. Risks and changes management, risks engineering, project risks management
Usage of general knowledge and skills from the area of project management and assumption of specific methods in preparation and realization of buildings.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans