Environmental and Labour Protection Mangement
FAST-CW016Acad. year: 2019/2020
Ecology and occupational safety in the construction industry, global environmental problems and sustainable development, general knowledge of environmental care, environmental management and related regulations, production of environmental plans for the protection of the environment in connection with the construction technology model of a structure , outdoor acoustics, operation of “Hluk+” software, health and safety protection at construction sites, prevention of risks, safety coordinator, OHS plan.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Student acquires knowledge of environmental and landscape protection in course of construction.
He will be instructed about environmental politics and objectives of construction companies and firms.
He will gain knowledge of risk prevention in the field of security of work and health safety on site.
Knowledge related to structural design, knowledge of the concept behind the design of construction site facilities, knowledge of common technical regulations, basic knowledge from the field of ecology and OHS.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Basic information about environmental problems and sustainable development with a focus on the impact of construction activities, environmental management and related regulations, ISO 14001 for construction companies.
2. Production of environmental plans for the protection of the environment in connection with the construction technology model of a construction process (continuity and specific solutions for individual selected construction sub-processes), consideration of ecological regulations during the execution of an assigned construction.
3. Health protection against noise and vibrations. Valid legislation.
4. Measurement of external noise from machines, methods of noise evaluation in protected areas outside executed structures, lowering the level of construction site noise.
5. Terminology concerning the rights and duties of participants in the construction process. The OHS management system in the Czech Republic; EU framework directives.
6. Risk prevention and management, safety risks, health risks.
7. The safety coordinator and his/her role in the construction process.
8. The OHS plan in connection with the construction technology model of a structure. Requirements for the production of an OHS plan and its contents; consideration of safety regulations during the execution of an assigned construction process.
To introduce into environmental protection requirements and public health protection in construction process. System tools of building operations planning and management in terms of environmental management and occupational safety management. Occupational safety and fire safety on sites.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans