Execution and Reconstruction of Reinforced Concrete Structures
FAST-CW015Acad. year: 2019/2020
Concrete as a construction material, primary and secondary transport of fresh concrete, formwork for concrete and reinforced concrete structures, reinforcement and concreting, principles of the assembly of buildings fabricated from reinforced elements, reconstruction and rehabilitation of concrete structures, quality inspections.
Institute of Technology, Mechanisation and Construction Management (TST)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The students will master the objective of the course of Realization and Reconstruction of Reinforced Concrete Structures, i.e. they become acquainted with the technology of concrete, erection of reinforced concrete structures and application of reinforced concrete elements in built-up structures. He gets also knowledge of reconstruction of concrete structure.
Basic knowledge of statics as applied to concrete structures, structural mechanics and methods for testing the properties of fresh and hardened concrete.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Terminology, production and handling procedures, characteristic features of fresh concrete.
2. Formwork, technical procedures.
3. Reinforcement, pouring of concrete mixture into formwork, compacting.
4. Massive structures, concreting under special conditions, quality control.
5. Assembled structures, assembly procedures, fixation, quality control.
6. Methods of rehabilitating and reconstructing concrete structures, diagnostics.
7. Surface types of concrete structures and methods of rehabilitating them.
8. Structural rehabilitation.
To make the students acquainted with technology of concrete, reinforced concrete structures and application of reinforced concrete elements in the assembled structures, their reconstructions and reinstating.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans