FAST-CU001Acad. year: 2019/2020
• Introduction in design using BIM technology. Learning principes and methods for create Building Information Model.
• Techniques for create schedules, views and enable coordination, construction simulation, and whole-project analysis for integrated project review.
Institute of Computer Aided Engineering and Computer Science (AIU)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Programming in Visual Basic using modern techniques of events driven programming, component technology and object-oriented programming
Modeling in 2D, Basic knowledge in Civil Engineering and Construction Process Technology.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to digital technology for project management in civil engineering.
2. BIM technology, possibilities of BIM model, simulation and analyses.
3. BIM – Time periods and phases.
4.–9. BIM – Modeling of basic constructions.
10–11. BIM – Modeling HVAC parts.
12. Other segments for using BIM model (teamwork, facility management).
13. Coordination and schedules from 2D documentation.
The course focuses on the structured design of programs dealing with object-oriented and event-driven programming in Visual Basic environment. The course is designed to acquaint students with advanced features and programming language constructs and their use to extend the functionality of current software products. Students will design and debug programs in Visual Basic using the components of modern applications.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans