Special Topics of Highways
FAST-CM054Acad. year: 2019/2020
The subject covers problem solving, which are met in the practice.
Institute of Road Structures (PKO)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students get practical knowledge of asphalt mixture tests and examinations, asphalt mixture production. They learn about quality management standards in road building, about environmental and health riscs effected by traffic and by road building.
Knowledge of road design and construction, technologies of road onstruction
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Traffic in the world
2. Functional tests of bitumens
3. Functional tests of asphalt mixtures
4. Asphalt mixtures production
5. Practical problems of road construction management, tenders, and asphalt mixtures
6. Functional tests of soils
7. The use of waste materials in road constructions
8. Traffic and environment EIA, SEIA, Conclusions, credit
Type testing of asphalt mixtures, new technologies for road construction and maintenance, requierements for road building, environmental aspects of transportation.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans