Theoretical Basics of Special Building Materials
FAST-CJ059Acad. year: 2019/2020
Water and its influence on building materials, interface between different phases, surface tension, surface adsorption and desorption, sorption isotherm, dispersions, associative colloids, rheological properties of dispersion systems, surfactants – influence on building materials, metakaolin, fly ash, slag, water glass, alkali-activated slag, geopolymers.
Institute of Technology of Building Materials and Components (THD)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basics of general and inorganic chemistry, chemical composition of building materials, chemical nomenclature, chemistry and technology of binders.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Water – properties and its influence on building materials
2. Interface between phases, surface tension, adsorption
3. Heterogeneous dispersions – stability, rheology
4. Surfactants – plasticizers, foaming and defoaming agents, air entraining agents, shrinkage reducing admixtures
5. Alkali-activated aluminosilicates – raw materials
6. Alkali-activators – water glass, properties
7. Slag – physico chemical properties a mineralogical composition
8. Alkali-activated slag
10. Slag-sulfated cement and slag-lime cement
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans