Pedagogy for Engineers
FAST-TY52Acad. year: 2019/2020
Pedagogy for engineers, common didactics, specialised didactics and didactics of specialised subjects, curriculum, key kompetences, frame educational programme, interaction and communication in educational reality, teaching methods, activating teaching methods, teaching purposes, didactic principles, organization forms of teaching process, didactic aids, teacher's preparation for teaching, pedagogic diagnosis, didactic tests, analysis and creating of textbooks, research in educational sciences, management in schools.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of didactic principles in education of specialised subjects. Theoretic view to realisation of teaching process in specialised technical subjects at the secondary schools.
Common orientaition in pedagogy and didactics for enginneers, communication ability in education reality and in public places, managing of the fever, recognising of some teaching methods from teachers, description of main didactic principles, knowledge of basic organizational forms of teaching, ability to preparing for public performance, ability to create elementar research in education reality and their working, trying to meet with education reality.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
MAŇÁK, J.: Nárys didaktiky. Brno: PdF (skripta), 1997.
DRAHOVZAL, J., KILIÁN, O., KOHOUTEK, R.: Didaktika odborných předmětů. Brno: CERM, 1997.
SKALKOVÁ, J.: Obecná didaktika. Praha: ISV, 1999.
LINDR, Jaroslav: Inženýrská pedagogika. M01 Pedagogika, M02 Didaktika, M03 Moderní pedagogika. Brno: FAST, 2007.
GALTON, M. (ed.): Curriculum Change. Leicester University Press, 1980.
CHRÁSKA, M.: Statistika pro pedagogy. Olomouc: UP (skriptum), 1990.
PELIKÁN, J.: Výchova jako teoretický problém. Ostrava: Amosium, 1995.
CHRÁSKA, M.: Didaktické testy: příručka pro učitele a studenty učitelství. Brno: Paido, 1999.
OURODA, S.: Oborová didaktika. Brno: MZLU, 2001.
PRŮCHA, Jan: Moderní pedagogika. Praha: Portál, 2009. ISBN 978-80-7367-503-5.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to pedagogy for engineers and its relation to specialised didactics. Connections with the other sciences.
2. General and special didactics, didactics of specialised subjects. History of pedagogy.
3. The curriculum and its importance for pedagogy. The modern curriculum and its implementation in teaching praxis.
4. The teaching process and its fundamental nature. Didactic principles and rules. Selection and structuring of subject-matter.
5. Lessons. Phases of teaching. Types of teaching. Didactic models.
6. Teaching methods - summary and classification. Activising teaching methods.
7. Didactic aids. Organizational forms of teaching. Overview and classificatiion. Description of chosen forms and aids. Modern didactic technology.
8. The preparation of a teacher for teaching. Administration in the education system. School management.
9. Pedagogical diagnostics, pedagogical evaluation and the creation of didatic tests. Didactic test, creation and tasks.
10. Literature with a didactic function. Educational texts, their analysis, creation rating and optimisation.
11. The personality of an educator. The theory of teaching profession. Professiogram of a teacher of specialised subjects.
12. Anthropogenic members of education. Traditional and alternative systems of teaching.
13. Specifics of educational process in specialised subjects.
Orientation in theoretic pedagogic and didactic terminology, processes and paradigms used for enginners who want to be in educational resort. This course meets with foundation of teacher´s profession. It is suitable for students who think about teacher´s job in future or who want to teach in specialised school externally.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Extent and forms are specified by guarantor’s regulation updated for every academic year.