FSI-GRI-KAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course familiarises students with basic principles of quality management and quality assurance in a company.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course on Quality Management enables students to obtain knowledge of creation of the system of quality management and assurance in an enterprise and its audit and certification. Also dealt with are the ways of quality assurance in development, manufacturing and assembling stages of a product creation, as well as application of suitable methods.
Student should have basic knowledge of design of machinery.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Masing, W., : Handbuch der Qualitätssicherung
Vavřík, I., Blecha, P., : Jakost I - řízení jakosti, interní učební texty ÚVSSaR
Vavřík, I., Blecha, P., : Jakost II - metody a nástroje zabezpečování jakosti, interní učební texty ÚVSSaR
Hering, E.; Trimel, J.; Blank, H., : Qualitätssicherung für Ingenieure
Norma ČSN EN ISO 9001:2001
Redeker, G., : Grundlagen der Qualitätssicherung, Institut für Qualtätssicherung
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit credit is conditional on 100% attendance at practicals and preparation of the semester work.
Test consisting of 15 questions (max. 15 points).
Successfully defended semester work (max. 3 points).
Rating: 16 points or more A; 15-14 points B; 13 points C; 12 points D; 11 points E
Language of instruction
The course on Quality Management familiarises students with basic principles of quality management and assurance in an enterprise. The objective of the course is to acquaint the students with the European standards for quality management and assurance and with methods of quality assurance from pre-production stages of a new product development.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
1. 100% attendance at practicals.
2. Working out of semester project.
Type of course unit
13 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Terms and definitions
2. Context of the organization
3. Leadership of the organisation
4. Quality planning - QFD
5. Quality planning - System FMEA
6. Quality planning - FTA
7. Support processes of Quality Management
8. Operation processes of Quality Management - SPC
9. Performance evaluation
10. Improvement of processes - KAISEN
11. Improvement of processes - DOE
12. Improvement of processes - Process FMEA
13. Presenation and defence of semestral project
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Lessons are organised in modules of 2 hours every 2 weeks.
1. Practical application of QFD method
2. Practical application of FTA method
3. Practical application of FMEA method
4. Assignment of semester projects
5. Consultations to semester projects.
6. Consultations to semester projects.
7. Presentation of semester projects + course-unit credit awarding
eLearning: currently opened course