FEKT-MPA-DVKAcad. year: 2020/2021
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
MARSCHALL S. R., Netter's cardiology. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Saunders/Elsevier, 2010. ISBN 14-377-0637-1. (CS)
WEBSTER, John G a John W CLARK. Medical instrumentation: application and design. 4th ed. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley, c2010. ISBN 978-0471676003. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Anatomy of the heart - four-stroke pump, transfer heart system, heart wall layers, vascular supply of the heart.
2. Electrical manifestations of the heart - electromechanical properties of the heart, action potential, electric vector.
3. Heart Mechanical Activity - Heart Cycle, Frank-Starling Mechanism, Heart Adaptation to Load, Arrhythmia, and Fibrillation.
4. EKG Leakage Systems - Standard Bipolar Leakage Leads, Unipolar Leads, Goldberger Semi-Unipolar Leads, Twelve-lead ECGs.
5. Acquisition of ECG, amplifiers and electrical separation from the grid - electrode design, technical solutions and ECG sensor requirements, ECG properties for signal acquisition, opamp, instrument amplifier, electrical isolation circuits.
6. ECG noise, sources of interference - effects of ECG noise, sources of interference, useful and noise component of ECG, CMRR, driven right leg.
7. Analogue ECG filtering - design of hardware filters, RC, order of filters, types of filters.
8. Digital ECG filtering - software filters design, network noise filtering, myopotential filtration, QRS highlighting, filter types and their properties.
9. Evaluation of ECG curve - creation of ECG curve, ventricular vectors, ECG dimensioning and evaluation, morphology of physiological and pathological ECG curves, technical and biological artifacts in ECG.
10. R-wave detectors - R-wave detectors, zero-pass passes, Pan-Tompkins, wavelet transformation detectors, QRS frequency spectrum, QRS abnormalities.
11. Variability of heart rhythm - construction, preprocessing and evaluation of tachographs, HRV parameters in time, geometry, frequency and nonlinear area.
12. Arrhythmia - basic heart rhythms, mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias, extrasystoles, blockades, arrhythmias, Laddergram.
13. Vector cardiography and cardiac oscillation - cardiac axis, vector cardiography, ECG compression using orthogonal transformations.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPA-BIO Master's, 1. year of study, winter semester, 5 credits, compulsory