Technology in Cellular Engineering
FEKT-MPA-TBIAcad. year: 2020/2021
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Alberts B., Johnson A., Walter P.: Molecular Biology of the Cell. (CS)
José Luis R. Arrondo, Alicia Alonso: Advanced Techniques in Biophysics. (CS)
Bengt Nölting: Methods in Modern Biophysics (CS)
Ankur Singh, Akhilesh K. Gaharwar: Microscale Technologies for Cell Engineering (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
1. Cultivation and preparation of cells and tissues, automation of processes in the cell laboratory.
2. Mechanical properties and methods of their measurement in tumor cells. Holographic microscopy and its application.
3. Spectroscopic methods in cellular engineering, micro-volume spectrophotometry.
4. Special microscopic imaging techniques in cellular engineering. Recording techniques for microscopy.
5. Electron microscopy in cellular engineering, correlation microscopy, preparation of biological samples for electron microscopy.
6. Methods of measurement of electrical activity of excitable tissue using microelectrodes and microelectrode systems.
7. Cell counting and sorting technologies, automated laboratory analyzers for tissue engineering.
8. Methods and technologies for cell migration analysis.
9. Technologies in regenerative and cancer medicine.
10. Technologies and methods used in optogenetics.
11. Microfluidic systems and their use in cellular engineering.
12. Methods of measurement of processes of excitation-contraction binding in muscle cells and tissues.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme MPA-BIO Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory