Diploma Seminar (M-ADI)
FSI-QD6Acad. year: 2019/2020
This course enables students to learn how to elaborate the diploma thesis.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students learn how to write their diploma thesis to meet factual and formal requirements.
Knowledge in the scope of the Master degree study of the Institute of Transport Engineering, speciality of Motor vehicles and combustion engines. Study of literature in accordance with the diploma thesis assignment.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Geršlová, J. Metodologie odborné práce [online]. (CS)
Literatura podle zadání diplomové práce.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through exercises which are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The course-unit credit award is conditioned by the attendance at lessons and by the presentation of selected parts of the diploma thesis.
Language of instruction
The goal of the course is to teach students how to elaborate and present results of their diploma thesis to an audience.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is obligatory, checked by a teacher. The way of compensation of absence is solved individually with a subject provider.
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. - 2. General principles suitable for the elaboration of diploma thesis .
3. - 4. Content optimalization and time management of elaboration of diploma thesis.
5. - 6. Analysing of student's work from the wiev of the above mentioned rules.
7. - 8. Formal and graphic format of the diploma thesis, results formulation, drawing documentation.
9. - 13. Presentation of solved results. Oral speech and presentation with a data-projector. Answers to opponent's questions. Presentation of partial results of the diploma thesis.
eLearning: opened course