Robots and Flexible Production Systems
FSI-VRPAcad. year: 2019/2020
Students are made familiar with the basic types of industrial robots and manipulators (hereinafter reoffered to as IRaM), the fundamentals of electromechanical structures (machineware), and the integration to the robotized systems (RTP - robotized technological place or AMS - automated manufacturing system). Also dealt are the basic types of manufacturing machines appropriate for connection to higher manufacturing systems (FMS - flexible manufacturing system or AL - automatic line). The course also presents the basic approaches to the flexible manufacturing systems with regard to ensuring the manufacture by machines, components, tools, industrial aids and gauges during the manufacture, operating and interoperating transport, storage of semiproducts and finished products, automatic check of conditions and measurements of components and tools.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The course “Robots and Flexible Manufacturing Systems” provides students with the latest information about structures, projections and the use of industrial robots in practice. They also learn about modern manufacturing systems with regard to the machineware (MW) structure in connection with the control (HW, SW and BW - brainware).
Basic knowledges of projection and designing machines and devices.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
1. Warnecke, H-J.: Revolution der Unternehmenskultur
Matička, R, Talácko, J.: Konstrukce MaPR
2. Molnár, Z.: Počítačem integrovaná výroba - CIM
Kolíbal, Z.: Průmyslové roboty I - Konstrukce PRaM
Bělohoubek, P., Kolíbal, Z.: Průmyslové roboty IV - Projektování výrobních systémů s PRaM
Jean Pieree Merlet: Parallel Robots, Sophia Antinopolis, France, 2001
Lung Wen Tsai: The Mechanics of Serial and Parallel Manipulator, University of Maryland 2003
Knoflíček, R.: Roboty a pružné výrobní systémy, studijní opora, FSI VUT v Brně, 2004 - viz také www.fme.vutbr.cz
Knoflíček, R.: Mobilní roboty pro průmyslové využití, Ak. nakladatelství CERM, s. r. o. Brno, 2005
Novák, P.: Mobilní roboty - pohony, senzory, řízení, Technická literatura BEN Praha, 2005
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Teaching is suplemented by practical laboratory work. According to the possibility of teaching can be organized lectures for students by practitioners and excursions to companies focused on activities related to the course content.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
The examination has a written and an oral part. The examination tests student’s knowledge and the ability of practical application. Both parts of the examination are reflected in the final classification.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to make students familiar with practical usage of the most suitable type of IRaM for projects of robotized places, with technical attributes of flexible manufacturing systems (FMS), as well as the principles applied for a proper choice of the individual FMS components.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at seminars is obligatory. Seminars contain both the theoretical lessons in the class and the practical lessons in the laboratory of IPMSaR. Course-unit credit is awarded on condition of having worked out and submitted an individually assigned written semester project.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Introduction to industrial robots and manipulators (dictionary, definitions)
2. Basic problems, aspect evaluations of robots
3. Types of robots and their manufacturers in the Czech Republic and in Europe
4. Design of stationary types of industrial robots (robots components, OJ 10 type robot, end effectors)
5. Design elements of robots machineware (electrical and fluid drives)
6. Gear boxes and internal sensors
7. The peripheral devices of robotized workcells
8. Design and applications of mobile robots (types of mobile robots, automated vehicles, autonomous locomotion robots)
9. Application of industrial robots in production and services areas (robotized workcells, systems, designer rules)
10. Main subsystems and components of numerical controlled machines centres
11. One-spindle, multispindle and multipurposes machinning centres
12. Control system of NC machines
13. Technological subsystems of automated production systems in according Industry 4.0
labs and studios
13 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
Semestral project on main topic: Project of robotized workplaces and programming of industrial robots and their pheripherals.