Dynamics of Mechatronic Systems
FSI-RDMAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course deals with the following topics: Dynamic equation of an mechatronic system. Variational principle. General theory of electrical machine, basic equations and their linear transformations. Mathematical models of electrical machines in Matlab-Simulink. Simulation of dynamic behaviour of DC electrical machines, induction machines and synchronous machines.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be able to solve the transients of linear and nonlinear mechatronic systems using Matlab-Simulink. They will acquire knowledge of computer simulations necessary for solution of interactions between electrical and mechanical parts of mechatronic systems.
Basic laws and terminology of electrical and mechanical engineering. Basic principles of electrical machines in steady state conditions.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Chee-Mun Ong: Dynamic Simulation of Electric Machinery
Majmudar, H.:Elektromechanical Enargy Conversion,England Allynana Bacon
Měřička, Zoubek:Obecná teorie elektrického stroje,SNTL Praha
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Control tests - 20 points. Individual projects - 15 points. Written and oral exam - 65 points.
Language of instruction
The aim of the course is to make students familiar with the principles of electromechanical energy conversion, to teach them how to form dynamic equations and to explain their computer solution. The students will be acquainted with the general theory of electrical machines and with the linear transformations of coordinates.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance at practical training is obligatory. Attendance at computer exercises is compulsory, as well as working out of individual projects and proving the knowledge of Matlab Simulink.
Type of course unit
26 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Basic laws of electromechanical energy conversion. Laws of conservation of energy.
2. Energy and coenergy as state function. Systems with one and/or more excitation coils.
3. Dynamic equations of an mechatronical system.
4. Lagrange equations, Hamiltons principle of motion. General electric machine and its equations.
5. DC machine as a general electric machine.
6. Transformation of coordinates. General view. Synchronous machine. Mathematical expression of self and mutual inductances.
7. Transformation of coordinates: a,b,c to d,q,0; reverse transformation.
8. Dynamic equations of synchronous machine in transformed coordinates. Transients in the system electrical machine and mains.
9. Transformation of coordinates of an induction machine.
10. Mathematical model in arbitrary rotating q,d,0 coordinates.
11. Modelling in steady state and in transient regime.
12. Mathematical model and simulation of transformer.
13. Mathematical models of linear electrical machines.
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer
1. Simulation software Matlab-Simulink. Basic instruction. Principle of electric circuit solutions.
2. Computer programme for differential equation solution.
3. Simulation of DC motor transients.
4. Simulation of DC shunt motor transients. Nonlinearity of magnetic circuit influence.
5. Dynamic equation of electromagnet. Electromagnet supplied from DC and/or AC source. Electromagnet supplied from rectifier.
6. Individual project.
7. Dynamic simulation of synchronous machine.
8. Dynamic simulation of a system synchronous machine and transmission line.
9. Individual project.
10. Dynamic simulation of induction machine in real coordinates a,b,c.
11. Dynamic simulation of induction machine in d,q,0 coordinates.
12. Individual project.
eLearning: currently opened course