Simulation Modeling in Road Accident Analysis II
ÚSI-EDSM2Acad. year: 2019/2020
The course is focused on deeper understanding of the possibilities of the selected simulation program by solving specific accidents.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
At the end of the course students should be able to use selected simulation program for real traffic accident.
Condition of study subject is basic knowledge of physical quantities and laws related to analysis of road accidents
- recommended prerequisite
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Časopis Soudní inženýrství, Akademické nakladatelství CERM, Brno. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is based on computer class exercises. These exercises are used to understand the principles of working with selected programs and then to process the semester project.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
To obtain a graded course-unit credit, participation in tutorials and submission of a semestral project - processed real traffic accidents by a selected simulation program is required.
Language of instruction
Lessons are realized in seven four-hour blocks once every 14 days:
1. and 2. Solution of vehicle impact in the environment of simulation program - impact parameters and their influence on the spray motion of the vehicle
3. and 4. Simulation of real traffic accident
5. and 6. Elaboration of semestral project - solution of real traffic accident including subsequent assessment of the possibility of collision avoidance
7. Submission of semestral work, evaluation.
The aim of the course is to acquire habits in the use of selected simulation program for solving traffic accidents.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in seminars checked with attendance list.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 3 credits, compulsory