Management of Transport and Forwarding Company
ÚSI-EDRDSAcad. year: 2019/2020
Subject is aimed at problems of management of transport and forwarding companies with emphasis on logistic services and differences as compared with other companies. Application of legal standards and international contracts in management of transport and forwarding companies. Subject includes economic and technical knowledge necessary for operation of medium and big transport and forwarding companies.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students gain expert knowledge to logistic control and operation technology in transport and forwarding companies.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Zákony, prováděcí vyhlášky, předpisy čs. a mezinárodního práva s komentářem (dle podrobné specifikace) (CS)
MILETÍN, J. a kol: Daňové povinnosti dopravce. Praha: Verlag Dashofer, 2003. (CS)
MILETÍN, J. a kol: Správní řízení a výkon státního dozoru. Praha: Verlag Dashofer, 2004. (CS)
MILETÍN, J. a kol: Správní řízení ve věcech upravených zákonem o silniční dopravě. Praha: Verlag Dashofer, 2004. (CS)
STABENAU, H.: Verkehrs - Betriebslehre. München, 1991. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
A successful elaboration of the semestral work is required. Exam is oral and classification is based on checking the knowledge from lectures and literature with regards to semestral work.
Language of instruction
1. Legal regulations for operating domestic and international road transport
2. Rights and responsibilities resulting from acts and implementing public notices (the Trades Licensing Act, Road Traffic Law and similar).
3. Rights and responsibilities resulting from acts and implementing public notices
4. Rights and responsibilities resulting from acts and implementing public notices
5. International road transport
6. The CMR Convention / - I.
7. The CMR Convention / - II.
8. The AETR Agreement / - I.
9. The AETR Agreement/ - II.
10. Other laws in the field of domestic and international road transport
11. Financial duties of transport and forwarding companies
12. Tax liabilities of transport and forwarding companies
13. Tax liabilities of transport and forwarding companies
Goal of this subject is for the students to gain knowledge for a higher level of leading management in the transport company.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 4 credits, compulsory