ÚSI-EDPDCAcad. year: 2019/2020
Content of subject is aimed at acquainting the students with basics of location survey, designing and maintaining the building of communications over land. Other part is aimed at basic questions of traffic engineering (road and city traffic). The last part of subject is aimed at rail transport (tube, tram), in connection with mass urban transportation, and its relation to other kinds of transport.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Basic outcome of the subject study is done in option of orientation in wide area of the branch of road traffic, at the level of road networks construction, building and maintenance and also in the questions of road management.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
MEDELSKÁ, V. a kol.: Dopravné inžinierstvo. ALFA, Bratislava 1991 (ISBN 80-05-00737-X) (CS)
KRAJČOVIČ, M. a kol.: Silnice a dálnice I. CERM, Brno 2001 )ISBN 80-214-1863-X) (CS)
ROJAN, J. a kol.: Městské komunikace. ČVUT 1997. (ISNB 80-01-01060-0) - II.vydání (CS)
TÝC, P., Kubát,B.: Železniční stavby I. ČVUT 1997 (ISBN 80-01-00981-5) (CS)
ČSN 73 6101 Projektování silnic a dálnic, ČSN 73 6102 Projektování křižovatek na silničních komunikacích (CS)
ČSN 73 6110 Projektování místních komunikací (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Written and oral examination.
Language of instruction
1. Role of transport in society; historical development, road bodies and types of traffic, basic technical and legal data for road communication design.
2. Basic terminology, intensity of traffic, documentation of road constructions, administrative authorities.
3. Classes of traffic volume; traffic intensity; route of road communication; designing elements and solutions of directional route leading.
4. Altitudinal arrangement of the road communication; principles of mutual relation between directional and altitudinal route leading
5. Categories of road communication; elements of latitudinal organization of the communication; extra lanes; lanes widening; views in directional arcs; equipment and appliances of road communications; road objects
6. Crossroads, their classification and types; extra lanes at crossroads, principles of capacity calculations and calculations of traffic signal plans; views at crossroads.
7. Technology of road communication construction and road bodies building; road construction and its layers; road materials and their testing, defects of roads and their diagnostics
8. Local communication; traffic structures in cities; public transportation; static traffic, pedestrian and bicycle traffic.
9. Road and city traffic engineering; main tasks and job description; traffic survey and traffic forecast, traffic solutions in regional relations; documentation of zoning and traffic engineering.
10. Theory of traffic flow and its basic characteristics; organization and regulation of traffic, impact of way guidance and equipment of road communications on driver´s psychology.
11. System of road signs; road signs and their location; traffic lights, safety of traffic and accident frequency; effect of traffic on environment.
12. Railway constructions; development of railways; vehicle and its relation to railway; geometrical order of rails, tram traffic, public non-rail transport
13. Design of railways with orientation on tram traffic; rail surface and bottom; sleeper bed; stations.
The main goal of subject is to gain basic knowledge in the field of design, building, maintenance and management of road communication and in the field of road traffic. The students also gain basic knowledge of traffic engineering. In the end of the subject other kinds of transport are briefly introduced, especially information necessary for understanding their role in the life of the society
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 2. year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, compulsory