Informatics in Traffic - seminar
ÚSI-EDINFAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course focuses on ITS issues, their principles, functions and possibilities of their use in accordance with current trends.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Upon successful completion of this course, the graduates will be able to define the problems of the use of informatics and ITS in transport. They will be able to interpret and apply the acquired knowledge and skills in practice, especially when assessing and evaluating real traffic situations. Thay also be able to participate in proposals for appropriate measures to address them.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KŘIVDA, V. : Dopravní telematika, VŠB - Technická univerzita Ostrava, 2005, ISBN 80-248-0767-X (CS)
KŘIVDA, V. : Dopravní telematika II.., VŠB - Technická univerzita Ostrava, 2007 (CS)
firemní materiály, prezentace výrobců, vlastní skripta. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching is carried out through lectures that consist of interpretations of basic principles, methodology of given discipline, problems and their exemplary solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Semestral work themed at usage of information technology in transport company.
Language of instruction
1. Introduction - basic concepts, operating systems and application software
2. Computer networks and modern data transmission systems - principles, properties, possibilities of use
3. Transport telematics and its applications
4. Transport telematics - technology, principles
5. Current trends in transport planning using ITS
6. Sophisticated traffic management in cities
7. Public transport and ITS
8. Intelligent motorways and control of line routes
9. Provision of information to passengers, vehicle and stationary systems
10. Vehicle tracking systems - technology, solutions, GPS systems, electronic toll
11. Automated detection of excesses in road transport
12. Transport security using ITS
13. Prospective trends and visions in ITS
The aim of the course is to teach students how to use acquired skills about information technology, especially ITS in traffic planning and management.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in seminars checked with attendance list.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme EID_P Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 2 credits, compulsory