Computational Vizualization and Animation
FEKT-CPAVAcad. year: 2019/2020
Digital image processing (vector graphics, bitmaps, graphical formats).
Three-dimensional graphics, parametric modelling, design optimization.
Multimedia vizualization, animation and presentation (3D Studio MAX).
Computational vizualization and animation of electric machines and apparatus in 3D.
Practical utilization of animation techniques in modelling of switching arc in HV circuit breakers.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge of available graphic and animation applications for practical utilization in engineering problems with stress to electrical engineering.
Required basic knowledge of electric machines and devices.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
:3D Studio-Reference Manual,Autodesk, Inc
:AutoCAD -Reference Manual,Autodesk, Inc
Autodesk Inventor -Reference Manual,Autodesk, Inc
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods depend on the type of course unit as specified in the article 7 of BUT Rules for Studies and Examinations.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Test - 40 points
Projects - 60 points
Language of instruction
1. Work principles of modelling, geometrical entities, Boolean operations on 3D objects
2. Programs for visualization - 3D model presentation
3. Parametric and adaptive CAD systems
4. Component database creation at Inventor
5. Drawing documentation
6. Principles of AutoLisp, functions and data types
7. Individual work at AutoLisp
8. Photorealistic processing of a model
9. Digital video - formats, editing and modification
10. Computer typography
11. Ansys - introduction to FEM
12. Ansys - thermal and electromagnetic analyses using FEM
13. Ansys Workbench - introduction
Student Graduation of the subject can create animated presentations and extensive animation not only in the field of electrical engineering.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Type of course unit
Exercise in computer lab
65 hours, optionally
Teacher / Lecturer