Design systems of printed circuit boards
FEKT-CNSPAcad. year: 2019/2020
Systems for designing of electrotechnical schemes in relationship with creating of printed circuit boards (ORCAD, PADS). Drawing and editing commands, commands of screen operation. Work with libraries of electronic components. Electronic checking of the scheme. Interconnection to systems for creating printed circuit boards (PCB), PCB design, interconnection to simulating systems (PSPICE, EVB and others). Creating output files for production of PCB. Production of designed printed circuit after its simulation.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- Use Software systems Pads and OrCad for schema design and printed circuit boards
- Use design rules when designing schema
- Describe the characteristics of the library components and define their parameters
- Create PCB design and the design take into account the specified requirements and material specifics DPS
- Prepare technological outputs for PCB production
Students who take the course registration should be able to use basic physical and electrical principles as related to simple electronic circuits.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
manuals for programs (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures nad computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning (Moodle) system.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
up to 40 points per exercise (student receives points for mid-term test)
up to 60 points per exam (exam consists of a written test questions and form of the practical tasks)
Language of instruction
1. Orcad – Basic elements of Capture design
2. Creating new design, generating netlists
3. Design of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) in OrCad, editing tools
4. Advanced settings OrCAD Layout
5. Pads Logic editor of schemes, environment, principles of drawing the diagram
6. Editor schemes Pads Logic editing possibilities, creating netlist
7. Pads Layout, Introduction, the environment, the process of board design, fabrication outline plates, stretching netlist
8. Pads Layout, layout of components, board design without a netlist
9. Pads Layout, manual routing, drawing connections, check the design
10. Import and export of changes from pads logic, outputs, dictionary for pcb
11. PADS Router, examples of manual routing
12. Technological outputs, creation of filling the drawing
13. Linking with other CAM programs, questions and answers
The aim of the course is to provide students with basic knowledge in the areas of computer PCB design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.