Introduction to Industry 4.0 Initiative
FEKT-BPC-UIPAcad. year: 2019/2020
Understanding Initiates Industry 4.0, Orientation in basic tools of industry 4.0. Acquiring teamwork with advanced tools for EPD and PDM. Obtaining knowledge about logistics, production design, environmental and economic aspects. ISO standard 14 000 and related standards, design of work environment. The practical part of the course is in the PDM Works environment on a model database with simulated operations.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The student is able to:
- Describe the basic idea of Industry 4.0
- Ordinate in the tools used in the application of 4 industrial evolutions in practice (IoT, 3D print, etc.)
- Fully engage in work in a project team using PDM in practice
- Optimize, eventually design enterprise logistics
- Design innovation and new production solutions
- Use the ISO 14 000
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Ministerstvo průmyslu a obchodu: Iniciativa průmysl 4.0 (CS)
Maxa, J., Vyroubal P.: Řízení a správa dat (CS)
Sule, D., R.:Manufacturing Facilities, PWS Boston (CS)
Kališ J., Říha M., MS Office Projekt, CPress (CS)
Cedarleaf, J.:Plant Layout and Flow Improvement,Bluecreek, P.C. Washington (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include lectures and computer laboratories. Course is taking advantage of e-learning system. Students have to write a single project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
20b. computer exercises
60b. final examination
Language of instruction
1. Introduction to 4. industrial (r)evolution, basic concepts and aspects.
2. Means of Industry 4.0 (IoT, 3D print, etc.).
3. Characteristics and resources of Electronic Product Definition (EPD).
4. Product structure, data structure, database of information.
5. Data sharing at the current time, parallel project work, data flow management.
6. The PDM system as a team collaboration tool.
7. Capacitive calculations and analysis of production costs.
8. Location of machines, equipment and design of secondary operations.
9. Design of inspection, testing and quality.
10. Industry 4.0 and Logistics, Storage, Supply, Distibution.
11. Ecological aspects, ISO 14 000.
12. Economic aspects of industry 4.0.
13. Industry 4.0 currently in business.
The aim of the course in is to acquaint students with the basic ideas and principles of Industry 4.0 and modern project teamwork tools (PDM). Furthermore, the analysis of logistics and related tools for designing of production. Knowledge of the acquired information will enable students to participate in the design of production in various branches of the electrical industry.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, 3. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional