FEKT-BPC-MEPAcad. year: 2019/2020
The lecture which essential acquaints students with specializate laboratories in Department of Microelectronics which will be used during study in higher years. The lectures includes:
1) Methodology of printed board design (classic and SMT) with respect on assembly techiques, system EAGLE presentation and practice work with it. Simply electronic circuit design.
2) Electronic circuit realization. Realization with handle soldering by industry technical documentation. Surface mount technology is used with lead free soldering.
3) Revival of circuit ( sig. generator, oscillograph, multimetr).
4) Presentation and realization of simply tasks which concern assembly techniques in microelectronic (thin and thick layer technology, chip bonding technology, packaging technology), demonstration of laser techniques.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Graduater is able:
- design simple printed board for classic and surface assemby in CAD system EAGLE
- hand solder simple circuit with chip components in packages 1206, 0805 and SO
- realize basic measure with generetor, ocsillograph, multimetr
- replace chip package 0805, 1206 and SO packages
- define and recognize materials for printed board FR3 and FR4
- define and recognize thin and thick layer technology
- define and recognize chip assembly with bonding, with flip-chip technology
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level are required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Skriptum VUT FEKT, Šandera, Starý, Bajer,Musil, Mikroelekronické praktikum II, Vydal UMEL 2003.
J.Šandera, Návrh plošných spojů pro povrchovou montáž, Technická literatura BEN, Praha 2006
- JOSEF ŠANDERA, JIŘÍ STARÝ, Mikroelektronické praktikum, elektronický výukový text, umístěno na webu FEKT. (CS)
I.Szendiuch, Základy technologie mikroelektronických obvodů a systémů, VUTIUM Brno, 2006
- J.ŠANDERA, Návrh plošných spojů pro povrchovou montáž, Technická literatura BEN, Praha 2006
- I. SZENDIUCH, Základy technologie mikroelektronických obvodů a systémů, VUTIUM Brno, 2006
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Techning methods include information lecture, computer laboratories and practical laboratories.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Credit will be realized on the base of regular visiting all parts of lectures (visiting sign teacher in paper)
Language of instruction
1. Classic and SMT printed board design principles
2. Practical PCB design (EAGLE)
3. Assembly electronic and microelectronic techniques overview
4. Handle soldering and repairing technology
5. Assembly and revival PCB with technical documentation (real circuit)
6. Thin and thick layer technology
The subject generally introduces with electronic and microelectronic design methodology, introduces with laboratory equipment and technology and introduce with content of special lectures, which students will attend in higher years of study.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
All excercise are mandatory. The regular apologied excercises students could compensate after consultation with teacher in the part of lecture (during semester, in extremis in the credit week).
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, 2. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-ZVUK , 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 2 credits, compulsory-optional
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer