Design and Fabrication of Electronic Instruments
FEKT-BPC-NRPAcad. year: 2019/2020
Design and demands on electronic instruments and its manufacturing. Security of measuring instruments against unfavourable external and internal influences. The take away of heat from instrument case. Security of persons against accidents caused by electricity. Grounding and shielding. Ergonometry of measuring instruments. Technical diagnostics.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
The graduate is able to:
- describe the basic principles of an industrial property protection,
- explain the production technology preparation,
- describe the used method of electromagnetic compatibility (EMC),
- describe the used ensurings of signal distribution,
- select appropriate power source distribution on the basis of given requirements,
- name individually parazitic couplings and transfers in electronic circuits,
- explain principles of shielding,
- explain principles of thermal management,
- describe and explain individual methods of soldering,
- discuss principal possibilities of printed circuit boards,
- discuss advantages and disadvantages of surface mount technology,
- estimate respectably safety requirements for electronic equipments,
- describe the used method of diagnostics,
- discuss advantages and disadvantages of quality management methods.
The subject knowledge on the secondary school level is required.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Fowler, K.R.: Electronic instrument design. Oxford University Press, 1996 (EN)
Williams, T.: EMC for product designers, Newnes. 1996 (EN)
Ward, T. Angus, J.: Electronic product design. Chapman and Hall, 1996 (EN)
MUSIL, V. a kol.: Návrh a konstrukce elektronických přístrojů. Elektronický text projektu KISP. Brno 2014 (CS)
MUSIL, V. a kol.: Návrh a konstrukce elektronických přístrojů. Cvičení. Elektronický text projektu KISP. Brno 2014 (CS)
MUSIL, V. a kol.: Návrh a konstrukce elektronických přístrojů. Prezentace projektu KISP. Brno 2014 (CS)
HRBÁČEK, Jiří. Komunikace mikrokontroléru s okolím. Praha: BEN - technická literatura, 1999. ISBN 80-86056-42-2. (CS)
MANN, Burkhard. C pro mikrokontroléry: ANSI-C, kompilátory C, spojovací programy - linkery, práce s ATMEL AVR a MSC-51, příklady programování v jazyce C, nástroje pro programování, tipy a triky .. Praha: BEN - technická literatura, 2003. µC & praxe. ISBN 80-7300-077-6. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Teaching methods include lectures and computer laboratories. The course is taking materials at the web pages. Students have to prepare one project/assignment during the course.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Practicals - 40 points.
Final exam - 60 points.
Language of instruction
To be introduced to practicle principles of designing electronic instruments and devices as regards both electrical and mechanical aspects - in the industrial environment.
The student acquires concrete application knowledge of electronic instrument design, which is otherwise obtained through long-term development practice. Emphasis is laid on understanding the physical essence of parasitic events so that their knowledge can be applied to other cases. He learns to foresee and anticipate the appearance of many problems arising in the development of new instruments in both the electrical and the mechanical part of the design.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The content and forms of instruction in the evaluated course are specified by a regulation issued by the lecturer responsible for the course and updated for every academic year.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme BPC-AUD Bachelor's
specialization AUDB-TECH , any year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-AMT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-EKT Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-SEE Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-TLI Bachelor's, any year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, optional
- Programme BPC-MET Bachelor's, 3. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme EEKR-CZV lifelong learning
branch ET-CZV , 1. year of study, winter semester, 6 credits, compulsory-optional