Project Practice 1 (in English)
FIT-PP1eAcad. year: 2019/2020
- Instructors appointed by the head of department present their projects and certain goals to be achieved by the students in advance before enrolment.
- Students enrol in projects in the similar way as in the master's thesis. A supervisor has the final right to choose. His/her choice will be justified in the written form briefly (e.g. previous practice, achieved grade average).
- The supervisor is responsible for the regular check of a student's activity.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
Chris A. Mack. How to Write a Good Scientific Paper. Published: 2018. PDF ISBN: 9781510619142 | Print ISBN: 9781510619135. https://doi.org/10.1117/3.2317707
Podle zaměření individuálního projektu.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
A student works on the assigned task according to his/her supervisor's instructions. It is expected that the student will attend regular consultations with the supervisor.
Before the end of teaching part of a semester, the student will hand in a written report in the form of a scientific article in the extent of at least 10 regular pages. Before the end of the examination period, the student presents his/her results for 15 minutes at the department seminar. The head of department determines the assessment in the range of 0-100 points on the supervisor's proposal based on the defence and the submitted report. In order to gain a credit it is necessary to get at least 50 points from 100. A student must gain at least 70 points or higher to be able to continue in the follow-up course "PP2e - Project Practice 2".
Language of instruction
To make talented master students familiar with the basis of research work by participating in different projects conducted by by research
and development groups under the expert lead of a project supervisor.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
- Continuous consultations with student's supervisor.
- A written report in the extent of at least 10 regular pages.
- 15 minutes presentation and defence at the department seminar.