Principles of Entrepreneurship
FP-BPENEAcad. year: 2019/2020
Course serve basic demarcation of all entrepreneurship area from the point of view theory as well as practice. Course concentrate on the company life curve, i.e. from decision making of potential future entrepreneur about entrepreneurial activity, across process company creation and its management in the area of growth, until survival and decline.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Knowledge: students will be able to know modern theory used in all entrepreneurial process.
Skills: students will be able:
1. Criticaly analyse and evaluate entrepreneurial environment in global context.
2. Define, evaluate and choose appropriate form of entrepreneurial activity and to create business plan.
3. Analyse and evaluate position of the entrepreneurial entity on the market.
4.To formulate strategic goals and plans.
Competencies: students acquire basisc competencies necessary for creation of own company and the company future development.
Before the study of the course students must to have next knowledge and skills: creative thinking for creation of own business.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
BURNS, P. Entrepreneurship and Small Business. UK: Palgrave. 540 pp., 2016. ISBN 978-1-137-43035-9. (EN)
KORÁB, V. Principles of Entreprenruship. Handbook. Brno: BMF, 2016. (EN)
HISRICH, Robert D a Michael P PETERS. Entrepreneurship. 4th ed. Boston: Irwin/McGraw-Hill, 1998. ISBN 0256234787. (EN)
BYGRAVE, William D a Andrew ZACHARAKIS. Entrepreneurship. Hoboken: John Wiley, 2008. ISBN 978-0-471-75545-6. (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures have character of interactive interpretation. Knowledge from lectures will be practicised on seminars.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
For successful completing of exam is demanded:
1. Active participation and course unit credit.
2. Successful passing of written exam (5 open questions, each 20 points) max. 100 points. Duration of written axam 60 minutes.
3. Total number of points must be more than 60 points.
For evaluatuion will be used axis:
A 91 - 100 points
B 81 – 90 points
C 71 – 80 points
D 61 – 70 points
E 51 – 60 points
F 50 and less points
Language of instruction
Basic content of lectures relate to the next areas:
1. Introduction to entrepreneurship, historical view on business.
2. Small business in the economy and their functions.
3. Innovation in business and the economy.
4. Basic stones of successful entrepreneurship, business process and its stages.
5. Entrepreneur, his/her features and self-evaluation, an intrapreneur.
6. Decision-makinmg process on setting-up a new business, selecting a place for business.
7. Establishing of a new business, Franchising concept.
8. Business plan. Parts of the business nmodel.
9. Management of the start-up pfase of the new business, management of resources of the new enterprise.
10. Business Growth Management.
11. Company internacionalisation.
12. Family business.
13. Business maturity, business sale, bankruptcy, warning signs, decline and fall.
Course objective is to give students basic knowledge for analysis and evaluation of own potential for individual conducting of business and formulation of strategic objectives and plans for entrepreneurial activity. Partial objective of the course is presention of appropriate business entity and for this entity to create business plan.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Control of active participation on lectures. In case of absence without leave on lectures can teacher determine substitute condition, usualy working out od partial task.