FP-pmPAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course focuses especially on the following topics:
Structure of personal activities, staff selection and recruitment a personality of the manager, professionalism, methods of leading people, professiography, methods of evalution of employees
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will be made familiar with the theory, as well as with the knowledge in the field of personal management, professiography, labour recruitment, leading people, motivation of employees, professional manners at work, evaluation of employees.
Basic knowledge in the field of personality psychology and management.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
ARMSTRONG, Michal. Řízení lidských zdrojů. 10. vydání. Nejnovější trendy a postupy. Praha : Grada, 2007. ISBN: 978-80-247-1407-3.
HRONÍK, F. Rozvoj a vzdělávání pracovníků. Praha: Grada, 2006, 240 s. ISBN 978-80-247-1457-8. (CS)
KOUBEK, Josef. Personální práce v malých a středních firmách, 4. aktuální a doplněné vydání. Praha: Grada, 2011. ISBN: 978-80-247-3823-9. (CS)
KOCIÁNOVÁ, Renata. Personální činnosti a metody personální práce. Praha: Grada, 2010. ISBN: 978-80-247-2497-3. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The course is taught through lectures explaining the basic principles and theory of the discipline. Exercises are focused on practical topics presented in lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Attendance at the lecture is not obligatory. The following conditions are required for successful completion of the course:
1) Participation in seminars (max. 1 unconfirmed absence). Participation in the exercises means the active involvement of the student in real-world cases, whether as an individual or as a member of a student team.
2) successful completion of the final written test at the end of the semester with a minimum of 60% success. All materials to prepare for the test will be delivered to students in electronic form.
Language of instruction
Topics of lectures are the following:
- Social system in the company, working groups
- Professionalism in life and work
- Requirements laid on a seccessful manager
- Structure and importance of personal management in the company
- Selection procedure and recruitment
- Motivation of employees towards performance
- Employees evalution methods
- Corporate culture
Topics of exercise are the following:
- Job Interview, CV
- Human resource management in different types of organizations, case studies
- Analysis of advertisements, job characteristics
- Motivation, case studies
- Evaluation of workers - problematic cases, rewarding
- Identify and change of corporate culture
The objective of the course is to provide students with synthetic view on the importance of a the human element in a working process. Students will acquire basic skills and social competence enabling adaptation of a human in social situations. They will be made familiar with the process of leading of employees in the company.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Submitting the requested materials in declared control days.
Absent students have to submit requested materials in an alternative term.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme IT-MGR-2 Master's
branch MMI , any year of study, summer semester, 4 credits, elective
- Programme MGR-UFRP Master's, 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, compulsory-optional
- Programme MGR Master's