FP-marPAcad. year: 2019/2020
Marketing approach is an inevitable prerequisite for long-term development of a firm in a market environment. Knowledge and deep understanding of marketing principles thus create one of the pillars of a successful firm. The content of the course "Marketing" is focused on many important aspects of marketing, connected with the analysis of market position of a firm, with the customer analysis and their segmentation, with the marketing mix elements etc.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
This course will provide a set o knowledge needed for understanding of the role of marketing in the management process of the firm as well as for the management of specific areas (production, technology, R+D etc.). The important role plays understanding of customers (analysis of their wants and needs, decission-making process, factors influencing their buying behaviour...) for the long-term firm´s development
Knowledge of Economics of Company.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KAŇOVSKÁ, L.; SCHÜLLER D. Základy marketingu. Studijní text pro bakalářské obory. 2. vyd. Brno: CERM, 2015. 131 s. ISBN 978-80-214-5107-0.
FORET, M. Marketingový průzkum: poznáváme svoje zákazníky. 2. vyd. Brno: BizBooks, 2012, 116 s. ISBN 978-80-265-0038-4.
KOTLER, P.; KOTLER, M. 8 strategií růstu: jak ovládnout trh. 1. vyd. Brno: BizBooks, 2013, 208 s. ISBN 978-80-265-0076-6.
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
The lecturers describing the main principles, methodology and problems are the main part of teaching methods. Seminars mostly support practical understanding of the discussed topics from the lectures.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Student will take place both in the form of continuous verification of knowledge (test during the semester, solution of case studies, team project), as well as in the form of a written examination. The resulting evaluation of students will depend on the level of systematic, ongoing work of students throughout the semester and on the results of this exam.
Language of instruction
1. General considerations for marketing utilization in our conditions
2. Marketing mix - the understanding of "classical" vs. "extended" marketing mix ce, place, promotion)
3. Product - marketing approach to products, management of product portfolio
4. Product - brand, branding
5. Price - the role of price in marketing mix, factors influencing the pricing
6. Price - the principles of trandactional vs. relational pricing, the price-sensitivity of customer analysis
7. Distribution - the role of distribution in marketing mix, the distribution channels selection
8. Communication - the communication mix elements, advertising, sales support
9. Communication - personal sales, Public relations
10. Current trends in company communication
11. Marketing research - primary and secondary research, the choice of proper methods, rational steps in preparation and execution of marketing research
12.Current trends in marketing
13. Current trends in marketing
The goal of the course is to provide students with basic knowledge from marketing area and to guide them towards deep understanding of marketing principles in the management of different professional areas/departments in a firm.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
The learning process will be evaluated through the "continuous" assessment and final written test.