FP-emPAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course deals with macroeconomic and microeconomic aspects of the environment - sustainable development indicators, strategies for sustainable development in the EU and the Czech Republic. The main emphasis is on voluntary environmental tools and their applications in business conditions (environmental management systems according to ISO and EMAS, cleaner production, life cycle assessment and product) and environmental business economics (environmental management accounting, environmental costs, accounting of sustainable development, sustainability reporting).
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Students will gain theoretical knowledge of sustainable development and voluntary environmental tools. Based on a gained knowledge, students will be able to solve environmental, social and economic tasks in a company.
Students are expected to have general economic knowledge.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
KOCMANOVÁ, Alena. Management životního prostředí.[online].Brno: Vysoké učení technické v Brně, Fakulta podnikatelská, 2014. 62 s. Dostupné z: Aktuality předmětu. (CS)
VEBER, Jaromír. Environmentální management. 1. vyd. Praha:VŠE, nakladatelství Oeconomica, 2002. 94 s. ISBN 80-245-0336-0. (CS)
REMTOVÁ, Květoslava. Posuzování životního cyklu – Metoda LCA. 1. vyd. Praha: Ministerstvo životního prostředí, 2003. 15 s. ISBN 80-7212-232-0. (CS)
REMTOVÁ, Květoslava. Čistší produkce. 1. vyd. Praha:Ministerstvo životního prostředí, 2003. 26 s. ISBN 80-7212-260-6. (CS)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures consist of an explanation of basic principles, methodology of the discipline, problems and their solutions.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Knowledge is verified by a written test max. 40 points
Elaboration a defence of a team project max. 50 points
Presentation on news from envi. management max. 10 points
A 100 - 90
B 89 - 80
C 79 - 70
D 69 - 60
E 59 - 50
F 49 - 0
Language of instruction
1. Introduction. Voluntary environmental instruments. Sustainable development and its indicators.
2. The concept of environmental management-EN ISO 14000 and EMAS I, II,III.
3. Sustainable development strategy within the EU and the Czech Republic.
4. Implementation of the enterprise EN ISO 14000-A practical example.
5. Cleaner production – practical example.
6. Method of Life Cycle Assessment-LCA-practical example.
7. Eco-labeling, environmental claims II, III type - a practical example.
8. Environmental management accounting (EMA).
9. Assessment of the impact on the environment EIA.
10. Volutary reporting.
11. Presentation of projects.
12. Presentation of projects.
13. Presentation of projects.
Object of Environmental Management is to give students basic knowledge about environmental aspects of business management.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
During the semester students work on their team project and defende it on the last lecture. Student must present news from environmental management. In the case of excused absence from seminars, teacher in justified cases can set a condition alternative task.
Classification of course in study plans