Advanced Photography for Beginners - summer
FaVU-APFBAcad. year: 2019/2020
The course focuses on photographic technique and matter of balance between technological background and real usage of picture camera. Course is not focused on browsing through menus on digital cameras.
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Capability of full range usage of available photographical equipment, simply how to get best result possible even with cheap digital compact camera. Students will be skilled how to work with prime lenses, how to choose the proper perspective and how to get ideal color tonality if possible.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
SALVAGGIO Nanette, Basic Photographic Materials and Processes, third edition, Elsevier (c) 2009, ISBN 978-0-240-80984-7 (EN)
PHAIDON editors, The Photography Book, Phaidon (c) 2005, ISBN: 9780714844886 (EN)
SEGEHOLM Göram, Konsten att ta vinnande bilder - En inspirationshandbok för dig som vill ut, Häftad (c) 2008, ISBN: 9789163609428 (SV)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lectures and exercises.
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Language of instruction
- Size of CCD (film), crop factor
- Using and understanding various lenses
- Distance perspective handling
- Issues of (D)SLRs/MILCs
- Choosing proper media: film and digital, primes vs. zooms etc.
- Features of view/field cameras
- Available and artificial light, color temperature
- Various types of cameras, differences in usage
- Historical context, speed of perception of photographical work
- Six steps of frame control
- Uneven and demanding conditions and photographic equipment
Students will master the process of decision which photographic method and tool to use.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
Attendance in the seminars is mandatory.
Classification of course in study plans
- Programme Bachelor's
branch ZST , 1. year of study, summer semester, 5 credits, optional