English - Beginner Level
FA-BA1Acad. year: 2019/2020
Grammar: present simple (2), wh-questions, present simple or continuous, past simple, comparative and superlative adjectives, countable and uncountable nouns, some/any, a lot of/many/much, future forms.
General Vocabulary: personal information file, professional lifestyles, jobs, exchanging information, describing things and persons, word formation, writing an email, interview, filling a form, storytelling, time expressions, dicussions, expressing feelings, culture in the city.
Institute of Social Sciences (SPV)
Learning outcomes of the course unit
Target level according to CEFR is A2-.
Basic knowledge of grammar rules and the basic vocabulary at the pre-intermediate level.
Recommended optional programme components
Recommended or required reading
: C.Oxenden, Ch. Latham-Koenig: New English File Pre-intermediate, Oxford University Press 2009 (EN)
aktuální literatura a texty související s tématem (EN)
Planned learning activities and teaching methods
Lessons of a foreign language
Assesment methods and criteria linked to learning outcomes
Course-unit Credit based on student´s presence and activity during lessons
Language of instruction
1. 1A/D Word order in question, relative clauses, classroom languaguage
2. 1B Present simple,family, personality adjectives
3. 1C Present continuous, the body, prepositions of place
4. 2A Past simple regular and irregular, holidays
5. 2B Past continuous, preposition of time and place
6. 2C Question with and without auxiliary, music
7. 3A Going to, present continuous (arrangements), look after, for
8. 3B/C Will, won´t p. 33, verbs
9. 3D Review of tenses, verbs + preposition
10. 4A Present perfect, ever/never, Clothes
11. 4B Present perfect , yet, already, just, verb phrases
12. 4C/D Comperatives, time expressions, Superlatives, opposite adjectives, directions
13. Revision, (test)
Students will command the basic vocabulary from general English, the basic grammar rules, they will be able to communicate in everyday life situations, to write both formal and informal letter, fill in a form.
Specification of controlled education, way of implementation and compensation for absences
1 semester, 2 lessons a week
Type of course unit
26 hours, compulsory
Teacher / Lecturer